Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eat Your Veggies!

I’m currently obsessed with vegetables. I slice, dice, chop, or shred as many veggies as I can these days into just about any dish possible. Its really quite exciting. I can say Hm, lets eat chicken for dinner, and its that easy. Cook the chicken and add a million vegetables in any form and I’m done!

I’m all about easy, good, and fast. Last night I made baked chicken. I used to be afraid of baked chicken. I used to be afraid of cooked chicken, period. These days I’m venturing out with eggs and bread crumbs for breaded chicken, stove-top chicken, finely chopped chicken, etc. Tonight was good old slow-cooked oven baked chicken.
 

I cut two gigantic chicken breasts width-wise into fat slices. I lightly covered them in olive oil then seasoned them with randoms from my spice cabinet…garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, chicken seasoning, lime (I love lime in/on everything), and Newman’s Northern Lite Italian Dressing (my ffaaaaaaaavvvveeeeeeeee dressing ever. I love it so much I put it in my macaroni and cheese sometimes…shoutout to my big bro for introducing me to that delicacy).
Baked it on 325 for 35, then 350 for 20. I probably would have been fine on 350 for 45, but I was afraid I’d overcook it or something so I kept having to cut it and check it and add it longer.
When I had about 15 minutes left, I sautéed sliced red peppers and jalapenos. Jalapenos take on this oddly sweet flavor when their de-seeded and sautéed. Love them. I piled the sautéed veggies on top of the chicken to keep them warm until we were ready to serve.

We had salad with all the trimmings with the Newman’s dressing I used to season the chicken, then some steamed frozen veggies. It was delicious.

Here's to healthy vegetables!!!!!!!

1 comment: